Mr. T Slams The “White Man” For Rewriting His History In Netflix Doc

Oppozit
0

Mr. T is furious with Netflix, and he’s not holding back about the upcoming documentary that’s supposed to tell his story.

The streaming giant’s dropping “Untold Mr. T: I Pity the Fool” on September 8, but the man himself says the filmmakers completely botched the narrative by focusing on the hardman stereotype while erasing his real legacy.

According to the legend, director Scott Weintrob and his team built him up just to tear him down, and he’s calling it exactly what he sees it as: an attempt to control the story.

“That’s what we call, in the black community, a white man wanting to change the story and control the narrative,” Mr. T told The Guardian. “If you don’t know me, you’re gonna think I’m some monster.”

The documentary pissed him off because it glosses over decades of ministry work, homeless outreach at the Midnight Mission and Fred Jordan Centre, and his partnership with Nancy Reagan on the “Just Say No” anti-drugs campaign.

His pastor got 30 seconds on screen. Meanwhile, former agent Peter Young gets prominent placement to trash his decisions, and the film highlights his role in the comedy “Freaked” as if it’s some career low.

Mr. T’s career spans from bouncer at Dingbats nightclub to “Rocky III” as Clubber Lang in 1982, then “The A-Team” from 1983 to 1987, making him a global icon.

But the documentary chose to highlight his demands for white limousines and specific hotel amenities instead.

“I’m not supposed to tell you what I like?” he asked, frustrated. “I’m just supposed to take what you give me?”

When he finally saw the finished product, he had to pray for self-control.

“I said, ‘Lord, don’t let me go off. Don’t let me go off.’ Cos I wanted to go off on Netflix,’” he said.

What people forget is his connection to Hip-Hop culture.

In 1984, Ice-T co-wrote “Mr. T’s Commandment,” which hit number 75 on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

Other tracks included “Don’t Talk to Strangers,” “Mr. T, Mr. T (He Was Made for Love),” and “Treat Your Mother Right.”

He was rapping about respecting your parents and staying away from drugs when most people only knew him from television.



from AllHipHop https://ift.tt/onYHmXs
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)