Ray J Beats Orlando Brown As Atlanta Crowd Boos Quiet Final Round

Oppozit
0

Ray J finally collected a victory Saturday night, beating Orlando Brown by decision after their chaotic three-round celebrity boxing match.

Ray J controlled the opening round with cleaner punches and received a knockdown when Brown touched the canvas with one glove.

Brown increased his pressure during a sloppy second round, when both entertainers became tangled and tumbled onto the canvas together.

Neither man produced much offense during the third, drawing boos before judges awarded Ray J the victory at Atlanta’s State Farm Arena.

The result supplied some redemption after Supa Hot Fire knocked Ray J out during their May bout in Las Vegas.

Before Saturday’s contest, Ray J told The Breakfast Club that his previous defeat forced him to approach Brown differently.

“I got a lot of trainers,” Ray J said. “I’m just making sure I’m conditioned and I’m a try to pull it through. Last time, I was extremely confident. This time, you gotta humble yourself and try to get the win first. Right now, I can’t just underestimate anybody, not even Orlando.”

The buildup became deeply personal after Brown mocked Ray J as “Brandy’s brother” and struck him with a stack of money during a press conference.

“This n#### just slapped me with money,” Ray J said afterward. “That’s not cool, bro. You’re lucky I let that slide, bro.”

Brown kept shouting as security watched both men, telling Ray J, “I’ll beat your ass. Stop playing with me!”

Saturday’s actual fight never matched that hostility because repeated clinches and limited action eventually drained energy from the crowd.

Live coverage from Bloody Elbow also documented Daniel Mercado’s quick destruction of Rahmel McKinley during the professional undercard.

Mercado dropped McKinley twice with body punches before earning a first-round knockout, delivering one of the evening’s cleanest finishes.

Reality personalities Tesehki and Big Lex followed Ray J’s spectacle with their heavily promoted “Pound for Pound Baddie Showdown.”

The celebrity attractions supported Claressa Shields’ middleweight championship challenge against Australia’s Kaye Scott on the DAZN portion of Saturday’s card.



from AllHipHop https://ift.tt/l1sTU8W
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)